Take Your Love of Yoga to the Next Level
FOCUS 200-Hour Program is like no other! Through our custom program, you will deepen your own yoga practice while also building the foundation for becoming an intelligent, caring, and inspiring yoga teacher. The Focus 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is an invitation for new students or seasoned practitioners of all levels, backgrounds, and ages to engage in the conversation, practice, and teaching of Yoga.
Our 200-hour yoga teacher training curriculum includes:
- The Art of Teaching & Taking the Seat of a Teacher
- Yoga Anatomy
- Proper Alignment Techniques
- Asana Clinics
- Hands on Assists and Adjustments
- Pre/Post Natal
- Yoga Philosophy, Sutras & The Bhagavad Gita
- Meditation and Journaling
- Sequencing and Theming Your Class
- Conscious communication skills
- Professional Practice & Ethics
- Variations, Modifications and Contraindications
Training Hours (Based off Yoga Alliance requirements):
- 100 Hours of Techniques, Training, & Practice
- 25 hours of Teaching Methodology
- 20 hours of Anatomy & Physiology
- 20-30 hours Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics for Yoga teachers
- 10 Hours Practicum
Taught by Dawn Yager exclusively at FOCUS
Learn from Dawn for your Yoga Teacher Training Journey which will last 6 months. -->
Dawn Yager is a passionate yogi dedicated to keeping with the tradition laid out before her by her teachers Goswami Kriyanada and Sri Dharma Mittra. Her classes combine precise alignment with vigorous asana incorporating breath and meditation. She is sincere, vibrant and often comical while creating the power needed for transformation on and off the mat. Dawn teaches at her studio in Myrtle Beach, SC and travels teaching workshops, retreats and speaking at conferences.
Textbooks & Materials
The Focus Fitness Training Manuals will be distributed during the first weekend of training. Additional handouts or readings may be distributed by teachers throughout the training.
- The Yoga Sutras by Swami Satchidananda
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long
- Bhagavad Gita – A New Translation by Stephen Mitchell
- Light On Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self by Anodea Judith
2018 Training Dates:
- January 26th, 27th, 28th
- February 23rd, 24th, 25th
- April 6th, 7th, 8th
- April 27th, 28th, 29th
- May 18th, 19th, 20th
- June 22nd, 23rd, 24th
Each weekend we meet for training the hours will be Friday 4:30pm-8pm, Saturday & Sunday 7:30am-6pm Training Dates are required in order to participate and complete all 200 hours.
Apply Today and Learn More about FOCUS YTT
Click the button below to fill out the application form.
Need More Details?
Get in touch to set up a meeting and learn more about our training!