Take Your Love of Yoga to the Next Level
FOCUS 200-Hour Program is like no other! Through our 25 class program, you will deepen your own yoga practice while also building the foundation for becoming an intelligent, caring, and inspiring yoga teacher. The Focus 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is an invitation for new students or seasoned practitioners of all levels, backgrounds, and ages to engage in the conversation, practice, and teaching of Yoga.
Our 200-hour yoga teacher training curriculum includes:
- The Art of Teaching & Taking the Seat of a Teacher
- Yoga Anatomy
- Proper Alignment Techniques
- Asana Clinics
- Hands on Assists and Adjustments
- Pre/Post Natal
- Yoga Philosophy, Sutras & The Bhagavad Gita
- Meditation and Journaling
- Sequencing and Theming Your Class
- Conscious communication skills
- Professional Practice & Ethics
- Variations, Modifications and Contraindications
Training Hours (Based off Yoga Alliance requirements):
- 100 Hours of Techniques, Training, & Practice
- 25 hours of Teaching Methodology
- 20 hours of Anatomy & Physiology
- 20-30 hours Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics for Yoga teachers
- 10 Hours Practicum
Taught by Sati Rose & FOCUS Teachers
Join Sati Rose, E-RYT 200 & Abbie Chowansky E-RYT 200, along with other extraordinary registered Yoga Teachers at focus including Amanda Zavadonick RYT-500, Ivy Monaco RYT-200.
Sati Rose has been teaching Yoga nationally and internationally for almost fifteen years. She became initiated and certified into the Hatha Yoga tradition of teaching by David Newman and Inner Fire Yoga in 2001 and began teaching Hatha Yoga right away. She then went on to become initiated into the Kundalini Yoga tradition (as taught by Yogi Bhajan) and taught by Sada Sat Singh and Kaur in 2003. Sati has lived and worked at The Himalayan Institute, one of the most respected Yoga associations here in the United States and abroad.
Textbooks & Materials
The Focus Fitness Training Manuals will be distributed during the first weekend of training. Additional handouts or readings may be distributed by teachers throughout the training.
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar
- The Yoga Sutras by Swami Satchidananda
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long
- Bhagavad Gita – A New Translation by Stephen Mitchell
- Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Light On Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self by Anodea Judith
Dates & Costs
YTT Training will be held over 2 weekends a month on Saturdays 1-6pm and Sundays 1-5pm with the occasional weeknight workshop on Thursday evenings from 6pm-9pm.
Investment for Winter Training:
Early Bird (payment by Dec 1, 2016): $2250
Payment after Dec 1, 2016, or with payment plan: $2499
Deposit: $500 non-refundable deposit
Includes 25 focus classes, plus unique Yoga Training Manuals exclusive to FOCUS studios!
Ready To Get Started?
Click the button below to fill out the application form.
Need More Details?
Get in touch to set up a meeting and learn more about our training!